2011年9月28日星期三

2011年9月26日星期一

Digital Vis Com Homework: Tracing 3

Here's the full version of what the digger transforms to. Traced in Sketchbook Designer.
Final version of the Gundam girl. Traced in Sketchbook and freehand sketch.






A personal aircraft I designed last year. I keep the original design, but trace to fit the perspective of final model. Finished by freehand sketch.

2011年9月20日星期二

Digital Vis Com Homework: Tracing from Model

Tracing from the original Alias digger model.
The finished line sketch. I converted the digger into a robot arm.

2011年9月14日星期三

for Digital Viscom: Cleaning up sketches with PS

Original sketch finished with color pencil.

Sketch finished in Photoshop with pathes.


Original photo, and then I did some adjustments in Photoshop.
Redraw on Cintiq, with detail changes. Still need to finish wing parts and adjust contrast.

2011年9月11日星期日

Some photos of my models modified in Photoshop

Well, for me it's a time-consuming thing to assemble the model kits, repaint them, and take photos, then use Photoshop to do something to make them looks better. Besides, I'm really not good at this. However, after all I did some:

Bandai's MG-69 1/100 XXXG-01W Wing GUNDAM Custom Ver. Ka. This was finished in 2009. I took the picture of  it with backlight, and then cut and through the Gundam part into a photo of sunset glow I shot on the grassland with some adjustments.

Yes, I forgot to get rid of the table, which makes the bottom part looks strange, and now I think I could added a same scale character to make this picture more convincing.

Bandai's HG 1/144 XXXG-01S2 GUNDAM Nataku. This was finished in 2010. The original design was in a green color theme, but I gave it an evil black and metallic grey. The background was download from the internet, in this picture I just tried to make the green weapon part and Gundam's eye glow a bit.

This... Kotobukiya's Armored Core Series 1/72 NX-01 Rayleonard 03-Aaliyah. I got the photo in a sandstorm in Beijing, and merely did a little adjustments. The red eyes and scope were painted in Photoshop. I hope I have time to put this Aaliyah into the battlefield.

WAVE's 1/144 Five Star Stories LED Mirage Sarion's. The FSS series was designed by a genius, Nagano Mamoru. This model kit was manufacted with translucent white plastic. Unique but hard to give it a real feeling.


This LW's 1/100 FSS Vatshu the Black Knight was from a Honkong Studio. LW Studio painted the rasin kit of Vatshu in metallic grey totally, but I made my own painting according the original design. Still, reflection is a hard cheese for me.

Revell's 1/100 Star Wars TIE Intercepter with a background of Earth.

 




Finally, some pictures I simplly modified with filters in Photoshop to be my laptop desktops.

Digital Vis Com Homework1: Scanning and Cleanning up with Photoshop

An Alfa-Romeo Roadster designed in August on my sketchbook. The original picture. Actually, this is a photo I took with my camera.

Here's the cleaned up and roughly painted version. I used Curves, Levels, Brightness/Contrast, Desaturate, and Eraser to get a clean line drawing (althrough being a scratch, it's still very messy), and then painted it with air brush and "19" brush.


Here's another one, still from my sketchbook, and still rather messy, but I like the initial idea.

So basically, I did the same thing as the Alfa. This time I just tried some cool and warm colors.